Sunday, June 14, 2020

Majzoob:Ghazal: ( An ode of Majzoob translated into English):


Beside nazms, Majzoob has very exquisite ghazals(odes?) to his credit.
Though untranslatable in its peculiar beauty and expressiveness,
I have attempted to render it into English this gem of a ghazal from his book" dar-ul-awham".
( For the Pashtu Text of the Ghazal I am thankful to dear Raja Kashif).

Majzoob:Ghazal: ( An ode of Majzoob translated into English):


Only to the doorman, I could get, and life was weary and drained,
Let alone trudging the hard way to the beloved.
All it was the blessing of a Sun-visaged beauty,
An earthling like me had been vaulted to The Skies!
I tapped in my intuition secrets unique,
Digging into my inner being made me find the world.
Short is the saga of separation and union of love,
Found Him in every place I went.
Standing bewildered in my quest of The Truth,
In fleeing from the human beings I reached humanity.
What are you aiming with this talk of mystery and allusions O, Majzoob!
The meaning tangled up when I tried to get your point.

( Translated into English by Aslam Mir on 12.6.2020)




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The very encouragement of you prods me into delving deeper into these treasures! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Majzoob Sab have great Work in Pashto Poem
    May Allah bless Him

    ReplyDelete